Welcome to the “Magic City” of Minot, North Dakota
Known for the energy-rich Bakken region and producing 15 top ranking agriculture commodities, Minot offers endless opportunities for your business with competitive incentives, reliable infrastructure, hardworking Midwestern workforce, and a vibrant community. Expand your business to Minot, North Dakota where our Magic City powers the world through agriculture, provides for the world through energy, and protects the world through the Minot Air Force Base.
Home to the largest distribution hub between Seattle and Chicago, the Port of North Dakota (Port). The Port features rail and non-rail served property, city served industrial park, and the opportunity for your business to access the world.
Minot’s strategic location for value-added agriculture businesses offers direct access to two class 1 railroads, indoor storage, and many other unique advantages at the Port of North Dakota. North Dakota consistently ranks #1 and #2 for 15 different agriculture commodities with Minot being a hub of production.
Between large-scale petroleum activities, NGL feedstock opportunities and wind power, Minot is an advantageous location for energy businesses. Known as the gateway to the Bakken, Minot is home to worldwide petroleum businesses such as Hess, Enbridge, Baker Hughes and many more. Come visit our Magic City in the heart of the Bakken! .
Looking for more data about the Minot region?
As the No. 1 Best Run State in the Nation for the 3rd year in a row (24/7 Wall Street 2014), there’s no better state to invest in! Click here for the latest up-to-date information you need to expand your business to Minot, North Dakota.
Welcome to Minot, North Dakota!
In the heart of North America, Minot's rich history in economic development is evident through the many companies the Minot Area Development Corporation (MADC) has attracted and supported in the area. These companies have enjoyed greater profitability and productivity - and so can you!
MADC focuses on building and supporting a resilient, sustainable, and diversified economy to ensure Minot is the right location for businesses and families.
WHY MINOT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
- Mid-sized city with a fast-growing, diverse economy
- Gateway to the energy-rich Bakken region
- Top-ranking producer of 15 ag commodities
- Home to the largest distribution hub between Chicago and Seattle
- City-served industrial park with rail and on-rail served property available
- Educated, skilled workforce including retired Air Force personnel
- Home to the Minot Air Force Base
- Awarded the ND Event of the Year for the North Dakota State Fair (ND Travel & Tourism Conference, 2016)
- Awarded the International Tourism Award for the Norsk Hostfest (ND Travel & Tourism Conference, 2016)
RIGHT FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
RIGHT FOR YOUR FAMILY.
- #1 Best Run State for 3rd Year in a Row (24/7 Wall Street, 2014)
- Industry-specific incentives available
- #2 Best State for Business and Careers (Forbes, 2014)
- Tax credits, sales tax exemptions, access to development funds
- Highest job growth amongst all states of 28.6% (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2015)
- The most accessible airspace in the U.S.
- North Dakota ranks #2 in the nation in state competitiveness (Beacon Hill Competitiveness Index, 2014)
- Nation’s #1 top growth performer since 2000 (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, 2014)