The Port of North Dakota (Port) is an inland port located in the city limits of Minot, NE of town adjacent to BNSF’s Gavin yard (switch yard). It’s the largest transportation hub between Seattle and Chicago in BNSF Railway territory. The Port is strategically located at the intersection of 2 Class-1 Railroads (Burlington Northern Sante Fe and Canadian Pacific) and 3 U.S. Highways (HWY 2, HWY 52, & HWY 83).
The Port is undergoing a 3,000+ acre expansion, leading to 6+ square miles of development. Approximately 12,000 linear ft. of rail has been laid thus far and once the rail plan is completed, there will be a total of 45 miles of track with four dedicated intermodal tracks. There’s no better timing for your business to expand its operations at the Port!
The Port is managed by North Dakota Port Services (NDPS). Services offered by NDPS include transloading, intermodal, warehousing and indoor storage, and distribution. By locating your business at the Port, you’ll be able to transload from road to rail and ship containers to international and domestic destinations. With drop-hook-pull services readily available at your convenience, NDPS has a focus on agriculture and energy. NDPS has the unique capability of transloading ceramic proppant, frac sand, crude oil, a wide range of ag commodities, building supplies, NGL’s, diesel/gasoline, pipe, crane mats, and more.
- Both rail served and non-rail served property available
- Shovel-ready for your business
- 3,000+ acre development
- 45 miles of track
- Will be the largest distribution hub between Seattle & Chicago
- International and domestic destinations
- Zoned in city, M2 Industrial
- City services including water, sewer, electric, and gas
- Distribution center for crude oil, condensate, frac sand, truck brokerage, aggregate hauling, low-boy services, and more
- Indoor storage
- Ability to transload a large variety of commodities
- Identity-preserved containers prevent contamination
- Affordable and reliable services moving products in and out of the Bakken